Choosing a pediatric dentist for your child is important, and parents want to know their child is in good hands, and receiving the very best care. For those patients that have special needs, it is important for parents to find a dentist they are comfortable with. At Upbeat Pediatric Dentistry, we provide exceptional dental care for our pediatric patients. We welcome autistic patients and patients that have special needs.
Pediatric dentists attend two to three years of training after dental school to help them understand all of the unique needs to treat pediatric patients. This training includes children with autism. Any medical appointment can be a challenge to both the parent and child, and finding the right dentist is essential.
Oral hygiene is important, and bringing your child to the dentist helps to ensure their teeth look great and are free of decay. At Upbeat Pediatric Dentistry in Pembroke Pines, FL, we ensure your child has a positive experience, and feels comfortable and relaxed when they visit our office. We make many adjustments during the visit to make the appointment run smoothly.
Benefits of Taking Your Child to a Pediatric Dentist
- Pediatric dentists are trained to work with children, and to treat children with autism or special needs. Our staff has also been trained how to handle children with special needs. We work together with the parent and patient to ensure there is a positive experience in our pediatric dental office in Pembroke Pines, FL.
- Pre-visits are available to have the parents and child meet our doctor and staff, discuss any sensory issues or concerns, and see the exam room. This allows the parent to prepare their child for the visit to our office, and gives our staff the opportunity to brief the parent with details on their child’s appointment.
- Our practice is kid friendly, and the way the staff handles each procedure helps to make children feel comfortable during their visit. If your child is sensitive to light or sounds we have the ability to turn the lights down, and make adjustments in the room to help make the appointment run smoothly.
- If needed we offer nitrous oxide or “laughing gas”, conscious sedation, and general anesthesia to help our special needs patients get through a dental procedure. These options are safe, and allow our doctors to treat patients easily if they require a complicated procedure. We take these options very seriously, and only use these methods when absolutely necessary. All medical conditions are considered, and a medical exam is required before any sedation is done.
- Communication is key when you take your child to their dentist appointment. Our staff is trained to communicate before, during, and after any treatment. This helps to ensure the parent and pediatric patient are comfortable, and are aware of what is needed every step of the way.
- The dental office is decorated in kid friendly colors, and we provide games and entertainment for the kids.
- Our patients are provided with small toys after their visit, and this gives them something to look forward to when they visit our office.
Looking for a Pediatric Dentist or Special Needs Dentist in X?
If you are looking to find a pediatric or special needs dentist in Pembroke Pines, FL, our team is here to help. We strive to provide the very best care for our special needs patients, and ensure when they visit our office they have a positive experience. We know choosing the right pediatric dentist is important, and part of our consultation process is to get to know our patients, and understand what we can do to help make their visit exceptional.
If you are looking to schedule a dental exam for your child, contact Upbeat Pediatric Dentistry and we will be happy to assist you!